Little chick sitting on its but

chickhatch

Chirping
Jul 22, 2022
I have a little chick who was severely kicked out of the nest and now can’t stand up and has resorted to seemingly sitting on its butt. The chick sometimes throws it legs bay towards its head and lays on its back. My question I spose is 2 thing. 1st, could there be something neurologically wrong, 2nd is this (shown in picture) possible a good option for supplement ad I live far from and feed stores .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    304.8 KB · Views: 60
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    283.3 KB · Views: 8
I have a little chick who was severely kicked out of the nest and now can’t stand up and has resorted to seemingly sitting on its butt. The chick sometimes throws it legs bay towards its head and lays on its back. My question I spose is 2 thing. 1st, could there be something neurologically wrong, 2nd is this (shown in picture) possible a good option for supplement ad I live far from and feed stores .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    312.5 KB · Views: 5
Did it get injured from the other chicks or had issues already before that?

I wouldn't use that puppy vitamin.

If it is neurological, B-complex can help, plus 400 i.u. of E and a small amt of selenium from scrambled eggs or a can of tuna. Do you have your own B-complex vitamin, and/or E? If you have some B, give it 1/4 or little less of one pill.

Puppy vitamins has zero B in it and nowhere near the E a chick experiencing vitamin deficiency or neurological issues should have.

This is poultry cell, which most of us use. Huge difference.
1705179389486.png

Did it get injured from the other chicks or had issues already before that?

I wouldn't use that puppy vitamin.

If it is neurological, B-complex can help, plus 400 i.u. of E and a small amt of selenium from scrambled eggs or a can of tuna. Do you have your own B-complex vitamin, and/or E? If you have some B, give it 1/4 or little less of one pill.

Puppy vitamins has zero B in it and nowhere near the E a chick experiencing vitamin deficiency or neurological issues should have.

This is poultry cell, which most of us use. Huge difference.
View attachment 3725338
Thx I found some b-complex capsules and empties about 1\4 into water and dropped some onto its nose, would raw egg yolk help?

Thx I found some b-complex capsules and empties about 1\4 into water and dropped some onto its nose, would raw egg yolk help?
You should try get it to eat the piece you put in water as it won't get enough this way. Perhaps mix it in your egg yolk. Yes, that's packed with vitamins!

You should try get it to eat the piece you put in water as it won't get enough this way. Perhaps mix it in your egg yolk. Yes, that's packed with vitamins!
It’s taking quite well to the egg yolk with b complex but it’s still quite sleepy and sitting on its butt

It’s taking quite well to the egg yolk with b complex but it’s still quite sleepy and sitting on its butt
Can you take a picture of it? Did it get injured from being kicked out of the nest? I'm not quite understanding the situation that might have caused this in the first place.

I know you said you're a long way from a farm store, but how far are you from a pharmacy or drug store? If you're far from them too, this E would be great, and looks like 2-day shipping.

Can you take a picture of it? Did it get injured from being kicked out of the nest? I'm not quite understanding the situation that might have caused this in the first place.
So the mother hen hatched this chick then seemingly tryed to kill it and was found cold in the morning away from the nest with cuts on its feet e.t.c

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 9
So the mother hen hatched this chick then seemingly tryed to kill it and was found cold in the morning away from the nest with cuts on its feet e.t.c
Awe, such a cutie!

I hope you have some grower/starter as it looks like you're the momma now at least until it gets better. I'd wet it as it will like it that way, plus hydrates them a bit.

I'd give it a day or two and see if it doesn't improve away from being pecked at.

Back
Top Bottom