Baby chick tiny

Aug 17, 2019
0E599AB0-5127-4D3D-A654-D7312725AB63.jpeg
i bought 5 Ameracauna chicks at TSC at same time one was a little smaller but after a week and half the others are nearly twice its size. Do I need to separate it from others.? It is not lethargic and seems to get around fine.
Suggestions
0E599AB0-5127-4D3D-A654-D7312725AB63.jpeg

Attachments

• F7C7EFC4-024A-49D1-82BB-D4ABDB20BADB.jpeg
    F7C7EFC4-024A-49D1-82BB-D4ABDB20BADB.jpeg
    512.8 KB · Views: 1
This happened to me 3 weeks ago - I bought 6 chicks from TSC and two of them are half the size of the others. They are all growing well and healthy - 3 weeks later, these two are still half the size of the others. None of the bins were labelled "bantam" but I'm thinking there was a mix up somewhere! I'm pretty new to chickens, so I wasn't sure what was going on!

This happened to me 3 weeks ago - I bought 6 chicks from TSC and two of them are half the size of the others. They are all growing well and healthy - 3 weeks later, these two are still half the size of the others. None of the bins were labelled "bantam" but I'm thinking there was a mix up somewhere! I'm pretty new to chickens, so I wasn't sure what was going on!
Guess we just have to wait and see what they sold us. So crazy. Hope we are happy with our surprise chickens

When I got my chicks 11 weeks ago, I purchased two Ameraucanas (probably really Easter Eggers) and one of them was smaller than her sibling. I was worried the first week because she was so small, but she would eat and drink and gradually grew bigger, though always stayed on the small side. I'm thinking she's just going to be a small hen. She's fine now - though a bit of a princess. She will whine at my feet until I pick her up and cuddle her. She loves attention. Makes me think she's part lap cat ;).

Tractor Supply Co. has several OEG bantams that come in along with several other breeds, and though they are supposed to be separated, some of the bantams make their way, or should I say children and workers allow them to make their way, into the other chick bins. I would say that it is a bantam, though a small genetic Ameraucana is highly likely through Hoover’s Hatchery.

Back
Top Bottom