Baby chick with chewed off toes

At the very least, I'd try taking the bandages off its feet and let it try to regain some normalcy before it goes, if you don't pan to cull it right away. I'm one of those people, but whatever you decide to do is what's best for you and your flock.

I'm sorry. It may be time to let it go:(
I know but it’s hard even if it happens more often then not I just try to make the chick/ chicken comfortable so if it does pass at the very least it was warm and given extra attention. I had a talk with my big brother and he made me feel better about the situation because he said that I’m doing a lot more than anyone would do for a animal let alone a chicken. He pointed out the fact that I’m there every hour checking on it and losing hours of sleep to check if it needs food or water. The fact that I’m physically having to feed to it and give it water as well as cleaning it’s butt and wound. It made me feel better knowing I wasn’t doing it in vain even if it dies at the very least it’s last few days of life was decent and warm. I think of it as my pet because ultimately I keep chickens as pets not food or even for show I genuinely have them as pets like a dog or cat. It’s just my pet you know 😔

At the very least, I'd try taking the bandages off its feet and let it try to regain some normalcy before it goes, if you don't pan to cull it right away. I'm one of those people, but whatever you decide to do is what's best for you and your flock.
Yeah i took off the bandages already to make it much more comfortable but I have hope that it will pull through and even it it doesn’t I did what I could to give it a warm and comfortable place to rest. In my eyes I feel like I gave it warmth and love despite its short.

Yeah i took off the bandages already to make it much more comfortable but I have hope that it will pull through and even it it doesn’t I did what I could to give it a warm and comfortable place to rest. In my eyes I feel like I gave it warmth and love despite its short.
I’m so sorry about this little chick. If she were mine, I’d offer raw egg yolk at this point. Lots of nutrition and calories and easy to eat.

I’m so sorry about this little chick. If she were mine, I’d offer raw egg yolk at this point. Lots of nutrition and calories and easy to eat.
Already offered but it ended up dying last night in its sleep thankfully

Back
Top Bottom