Baby chick

Junejones

Songster
Sep 20, 2021
Ok so i knew this 1 has this at birth but what should i do i want to try to keep it alive its hard when you tuch it

Attachments

• 20230404_143043.jpg
    20230404_143043.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 4
It was born around 11ishPM last night and idk what to do its foot too same bird this is my first time hatching my own babies

It's CTP ... Curly Toe Paralysis ... http://www.poultrydvm.com/condition/curly-toed-paralysis. It's a Vitamin. B2 deficiency and curable but alot of work.

Curly Toe Paralysis - Riboflavin deficiency; Poly Visol without iron, Vitamin B Complex, Nutri Drench, foods rich in riboflavin (eggs, ground raw almond, beef liver, fortified cereals, etc )

Separate from the rest, as it can get trampled. Poly Visual w/out iron a drop on its beak about 3 - 4x day. OR if you have Nutri Drench or Poultry Cell. Since it just hatched, boiled egg yolk (only the yolk) mash it and mix with chick start/grower, wet with water & make a mash, put in a flat lid, tap your finger to get it to eat. Get a quail water base, cover the center hole, teach it to drink.

Make a sandwich it's feet between paper tape (for people that are allergic to bandaid adhesive, get someone to help you cause you need to make very sure the toes are spread & flat between the tape. Carefully trim the excess tape, making candle.
Get a plastic or glass mug put the chick in it so it tries to get out, therapy/exercise to strengthen the legs/toes.
After a week remove the tape carefully, may need help here too, you can also soak in warm water to help the adhesive release. IF the toes aren't straight, retape.

It's curable I'm on my second one, not my chicks. I'm trying to download picture but not having any success. Will continue trying.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom