Baby Chick

Well despite all my efforts fluffy is no longer with us. But I wrote down everyoneā€™s awesome notes just in case this happens to me again, hopefully not but thank you for your help and kind words
I am so sorry. šŸ˜¢

I hope the others continue to thrive. They are so cute!

Well despite all my efforts fluffy is no longer with us. But I wrote down everyoneā€™s awesome notes just in case this happens to me again, hopefully not but thank you for your help and kind words

Sorry for your loss. Sometimes, despite our best efforts, chicks fail to thrive. Best wishes with the others.

I am so sorry. :hugs It's always hard on the heart when they pass. šŸ’”

Does anyone know and this might be a silly question, but is it okay to touch young baby chicks? Or should I leave them alone for a few days or wait a week before handling them? I have tried to do some research on the internet but it's like a 50/50 some say it's bad and some say it is good. I know with my australorp she was held from day one when I got her and now, she runs to me and follows me around. But Boo has always done this since she was little and these other little guys well they dont mind being held but they are so wiggle worms I am afraid I will drop them so i just put them back down. Anyways would love to hear some of the feed back on what you think. Oh and the store manager gave me another Gold Star baby chick today since the last one was sick and past (fluffy) so now i have Millie the newest member of the family. Will try to get a picture of her but it might have to wait a few days she is just getting to know her siblings and where everything is at right now. Hope you all are having a wonderful day!! šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜

Does anyone know and this might be a silly question, but is it okay to touch young baby chicks? Or should I leave them alone for a few days or wait a week before handling them? I have tried to do some research on the internet but it's like a 50/50 some say it's bad and some say it is good. I know with my australorp she was held from day one when I got her and now, she runs to me and follows me around. But Boo has always done this since she was little and these other little guys well they dont mind being held but they are so wiggle worms I am afraid I will drop them so i just put them back down. Anyways would love to hear some of the feed back on what you think. Oh and the store manager gave me another Gold Star baby chick today since the last one was sick and past (fluffy) so now i have Millie the newest member of the family. Will try to get a picture of her but it might have to wait a few days she is just getting to know her siblings and where everything is at right now. Hope you all are having a wonderful day!! šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜
I have a bottle of hand sanitizer by the incubator and the brooder and the first couple of days I use that. Otherwise, just wash with soap and water before and after handling them.

I've always made it a point to sit on the ground and let mine hop all over me. Even when I have a broody hen, I've found they are much friendlier this way. If I'm sitting the moms will always bring them around.

Back
Top Bottom