Baby chicken poo problem

amberconvery626

In the Brooder
7 Years
Oct 1, 2012
Hi there :)

So 3 of my cuckoo chickens (whom are about 5 days old now) keep getting some poo stuck to their bum fluff! It's only happened once where its actually clogged the bum which, had I not removed it, might have stopped him from going to the loo. I don't understand why it keeps sticking though, it can't be normal? Anyone have any ideas?

Also, one of the little guys has a BIT of a runny tummy.. It isn't bad at all but with his normal poo comes a bit of yellow foam.. What could this be from and how do I stop it? It's happened about twice now.

They are being proper chick mash ONLY and they have no shavings on the floor which they could be eating...

Any input is appreciated :)

Thanks Amber

Apple Cider Vinegar will help with the sticky poo issues. Try and get the organic one with the "mother" in it. It's great for chicks. The ratio is 4-5 tablespoons to a gallon water.

Yes ACV (apple cider vinegar) works wonders with chickens. Make sure it says "unfiltered" on the label and, if you can, get the one with "the mother" in it. It works as a natural probiotic, it's a natural dewormer, it brings out their color, it helps regulate their system and so many other things.

Also, make suree there isn't any other things in the brooder that they might be eating, such as sawdust or paper beddings similar to that. I usualy use rags or a towel for the first week, then switch to shredded paper later, because by then they will know what they are supposed to eat, and will not eat the bedding.

Hope this helps
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom