Baby Chicks cant stand on feet

AJ Aseel

In the Brooder
Aug 6, 2020
Hi there, a few weeks ago i decided that i will incunate some eggs. The chicks hatched from and are now 3 weeks old but i have run into a proble. There are 5 chicks but 2 of them cannot stand on their feet. When theu hatched until they were about 2 weeks old they were fine but now they have got this problem. I just noticed. I am attaching some photos could you please give some help and advice I am new to raising chickens so any advice will be appreciated please

Attachments

• 20201030_170116.jpg
    20201030_170116.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 20201030_170113.jpg
    20201030_170113.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 5
Hello, those chicks are cute, although I have been with chickens for most of my life I am not extremely experienced, we have had this happen before. Your chicks have Spraddle Leg. We didn't do anything, when this happened, it actually just fixed it itself. Do you have shavings or paper towels/newspaper where you are keeping them? Are they overcrowded? Maybe an injury in the leg/toes? Were they weak when they hatched?
I took a peek at this site- great link! I hope you get it worked out!

Hello, those chicks are cute, although I have been with chickens for most of my life I am not extremely experienced, we have had this happen before. Your chicks have Spraddle Leg. We didn't do anything, when this happened, it actually just fixed it itself. Do you have shavings or paper towels/newspaper where you are keeping them? Are they overcrowded? Maybe an injury in the leg/toes? Were they weak when they hatched?

I took a peek at this site- great link! I hope you get it worked out!

Thank you very much for your comments I do have wood shavings. They are not over crowded but i think they kept falling in the feeding ball which made them like this.

Thank you very much for your comments I do have wood shavings. They are not over crowded but i think they kept falling in the feeding ball which made them like this.
Ok- nice - not that they are falling down just the other stuff you have is good. Please keep an update! I would see if you can get a different feeding ball.

Ok- nice - not that they are falling down just the other stuff you have is good. Please keep an update! I would see if you can get a different feeding ball.

Sorry for the late reply and thanks for your comment. I did get them a different feeding bowl. The new ones much smaller so now i think their fine. Also they have started to stand on their feet better

Sorry for the late reply and thanks for your comment. I did get them a different feeding bowl. The new ones much smaller so now i think their fine. Also they have started to stand on their feet better
Oh good! I am glad that they are doing fine! :celebrate

Back
Top Bottom