Baby Chicks first time

That was a couple weeks ago I did raise it an inch daily and now they have been outside for a few days now everything great didn't loose a one all are feathering out good that is a pic of the a day old I start lower so they can vary the tempthemselves and is an indication that they are not too cold nor too hot

Me too...
wink.png
......Ill post pictures...happy, friendly BYC....
smile.png

You seem to be a chick raiser with some knowledge---question, when the OP posted his set-up with the red light shinning down in the brooder---Chicks are hiding behind the waterers/feeders other 3 are right up against them? You did not feel it--in your opinion was to hot???

Last edited:
That was a couple weeks ago I did raise it an inch daily and now they have been outside for a few days now everything great didn't loose a one all are feathering out good that is a pic of the a day old I start lower so they can vary the tempthemselves and is an indication that they are not too cold nor too hot

Your set-up looks just like mine---in my non factory brooders. I like to see good set-ups like that.!!!

Me too...;) ......Ill post pictures...happy, friendly BYC....:)

You seem to be a chick raiser with some knowledge---question, when the OP posted his set-up with the red light shinning down in the brooder---Chicks are hiding behind the waterers/feeders other 3 are right up against them? You did not feel it--in your opinion was to hot??? 

No, chicks run around and go places in the Brooder..Should of been a picture of them resting....Where do they go too rest?

Cheers!

I would say I had the temp almost perfect for my chicks
Question. Can I borrow your pic here to show newbie's how simple it is to set-up a good low wattage bulb set up??
... Why...?.....The Chicks are huddled away from that heat.....Chicks should be under it....;).....Wow....;)....Too low and too warm......:(

Back
Top Bottom