Baby chicks!

EmmsHens

In the Brooder
Aug 20, 2017
1B6D06FC-AD52-4033-BDA6-95E519474C3C.jpeg A11C52A7-F66E-48D7-9A3F-3E031D92AA8A.jpeg E76DC644-4AE4-4C9F-865B-B84A24AEECA1.jpeg We have added 6 new chicks to our flock. When chick days at TSC came around we were super excited to add to our flock of 3 ISAs. We got 3 Wyandotte and 3 ameraucana, Some may be roosters so those guys will have to find an new home but the rest we will keep our coop can handle 8 chickens. But When am I able to start giving the babies some fruit and veggies? I’m garden is starting to explode and would love to give them some they are about 4-5 weeks by now I think.

Cute chickies! Good luck with your flock:) I think maybe they can have some yogurt or something with chick grit, but I personally didn’t give my chicks anything until they were adults:)

The Ameraucana are actually little Easter Eggers. They are such characters, each one will look different and they could lay blue, green, pink, or brown eggs. So they truly are little surprise packages, one of my EE’s is everyone’s favorite bird! Enjoy them while they’re little they grow so fast.

Cute chickies! Good luck with your flock:) I think maybe they can have some yogurt or something with chick grit, but I personally didn’t give my chicks anything until they were adults:)
Thanks! Yeah I was looking around on different sites and getting so much contradictory info thought I might as well ask.

The Ameraucana are actually little Easter Eggers. They are such characters, each one will look different and they could lay blue, green, pink, or brown eggs. So they truly are little surprise packages, one of my EE’s is everyone’s favorite bird! Enjoy them while they’re little they grow so fast.
Well I originally got the Ameraucanas because they were supposed to lay blue eggs but to possibly get green is super cool. Fingers crossed I have at least one female in that group

Well I originally got the Ameraucanas because they were supposed to lay blue eggs but to possibly get green is super cool. Fingers crossed I have at least one female in that group
I ordered an olive egger chick and I’m super excited! And yes fingered crosses!:D

Back
Top Bottom