Baby duck born with fused knee?

Traveling Traci

Hatching
Aug 29, 2017
IMG_5560.JPG
Hi our 4 day old duck was born with a fused knee? It can't straighten out its leg. It hobbles around. Can it be fixed ? It swims ok and wiggles its toes just can't straighten the leg out

View attachment 1123958 Hi our 4 day old duck was born with a fused knee? It can't straighten out its leg. It hobbles around. Can it be fixed ? It swims ok and wiggles its toes just can't straighten the leg out
Is there an update on this duckling? I know it occurred back in 2017, but I'd like to know how the duckling go along and if it survived. I too just had a baby khaki born this past Monday with the same issue.

Thank you. That was very helpful and I am now coming around to thinking it is damaged as the joint is swelling. He is peaceful and has spent the evening dozing in my hand but I suspect his night will be spent flipping over, getting stuck and exhausting himself. I will see what the morning brings but may need knocking on the head. Manipulation hasn't worked but the link was helpful in that respect as something to try. I hate getting sickly or damaged ducklings

Back
Top Bottom