Baby duck, broken leg

Animallover33

Hatching
Mar 3, 2018
My baby duck had gotten into an problem and had broken his/her leg it is broken at the top. So like the part that attaches to its body. I tryed making a stent but it just won’t hold. I don’t know what to do anymore and I really don’t want to have to put her(just calling it that) down because I’ve became attached:( is there anything else I can do to help it? I also feel like if it’s leg is like dead now will it rot off? Because it just dangles there. Any help would be greatly appreciated:) thanks!

Pics. Immbolize. Full cast. Bird bones heal fast but....vet if u can will give meds to calm/quiet and for pain. Can cast it for u and or tell if too bad...I really love my gal duck and she got hurt badly and had a leg broke in two places. She recovered but it was alot of nursing and meds for pain and to keep calm so she could heal. Cost me some but ehh. She my gal.

C0136B8D-B40C-4342-8AAC-FC22AE9EA1B5.jpeg
4255D13B-3702-4D61-B8E4-015551BE437E.jpeg
My baby duck had gotten into an problem and had broken his/her leg it is broken at the top. So like the part that attaches to its body. I tryed making a stent but it just won’t hold. I don’t know what to do anymore and I really don’t want to have to put her(just calling it that) down because I’ve became attached:( is there anything else I can do to help it? I also feel like if it’s leg is like dead now will it rot off? Because it just dangles there. Any help would be greatly appreciated:) thanks!
Where the popsicle stick is at is where it had broken

Back
Top Bottom