Baby duck head bump

I am tempted to use this instead of the amoxicillin. In humans it's used for abscessed teeth.
http://www.poultrydvm.com/drugs/clindamycin

The reason I suggested the Amoxicillin is because Clindamycin (Antribobe) is a very powerful drug, I may be cautious of the effects it may have with a duckling that size. Again, I’m not a vet, so don’t quote me, but I’d be more inclined to use the amoxicillin.

No just plain. I aggressively drained her head this morning by putting the needle in and then out like I was making a stch, then ripping it out. I cried. But she is much better. She's draining and hasn't swelled back up yet. It seemed to hurt me more than her as she squealed when I did it but relaxed as it drained. I haven't given her any antibiotics get but her what your saying about the clindamycin. I will keep it in reserve. I have named her Big Head Todd.

No just plain. I aggressively drained her head this morning by putting the needle in and then out like I was making a stch, then ripping it out. I cried. But she is much better. She's draining and hasn't swelled back up yet. It seemed to hurt me more than her as she squealed when I did it but relaxed as it drained. I haven't given her any antibiotics get but her what your saying about the clindamycin. I will keep it in reserve. I have named her Big Head Todd.
I know, it is difficult to treat them! That is why at first I thought you might use an exacto razor blade, the size of the swelling. Leave the flap of skin over the area, and apply the topical antibiotic, birds have amazing recuperative powers!

Back
Top Bottom