baby duckling not growing ?

dixiebackyard

Chirping
Mar 27, 2015
Alabama
We got several mallard ducklings about a month ago. The mallards are all growing quite rapidly with the exception of 1 that seems to be not growing at all. Has anyone ever had this happen? Is there anything wrong ?

We got several mallard ducklings about a month ago. The mallards are all growing quite rapidly with the exception of 1 that seems to be not growing at all. Has anyone ever had this happen? Is there anything wrong ? 
yes, I had one of my mallard ducklings that was about a third of the size of the others. I did everything I could for it. I feed it and gave it water and treats before the others and vitamins before the others. Sadly she passed away. I would try to give it as much extra food and vitamins as possible. Hopefully yours will make it.

the duckling appears extremely healthy and is eating and drinking as it should. It just appears to be more like a growth deficiency. This duckling is still smaller than our new ducklings that are only 1 week old :(

Some ducklings do not attain full size - I am not sure why. Years ago, Micro Duck was a bit of a celebrity here on the Duck Forum. You might look up posts about him.

The duck is now still extremely small compared to its counterparts he is almost like a bantam duck. We decided to keep him even though he did not meet our breeding standards. Never the less he made a great pet.

Back
Top Bottom