Baby ducks

Silikiemamma23

In the Brooder
Jun 8, 2022
My husband bought these 4 ducks from tractor supply. They was the last 4 they had. He pretty much saved them cause they was gonna send them back. And we all know what happens when they send ducks back that are too big. Anyone know what kind they are or how old? The thing said pekin. But my last pekin ducks didn’t look like that when they was molting.

Attachments

• IMG_4974.jpeg
    IMG_4974.jpeg
    810.1 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_4973.jpeg
    IMG_4973.jpeg
    789.8 KB · Views: 16
hmmm i think maybe they are pekins but their fluff is falling out before the feathers come in perhaps due to stress or high temperature from being at tractor supply so long.
what are you feeding them?
are you letting them swim in a shallow water bin for supervised so they can clean themselves off 5 or 10 minutes daily
do they have a waterer that they can dunk their little heads in?
I wonder if the tsc people knew enough to add any niacin to the ducks feed? i use nutritional yeast for that.

its lovely that you rescued them look how cute they are smiling :)

hmmm i think maybe they are pekins but their fluff is falling out before the feathers come in perhaps due to stress or high temperature from being at tractor supply so long.
what are you feeding them?
are you letting them swim in a shallow water bin for supervised so they can clean themselves off 5 or 10 minutes daily
do they have a waterer that they can dunk their little heads in?
I wonder if the tsc people knew enough to add any niacin to the ducks feed? i use nutritional yeast for that.

its lovely that you rescued them look how cute they are smiling :)
We honestly just got them a few hours ago. It’s 74 where I’m at. I thought about letting them out in the run for a little bit for my other 2 ducks. They are 24 weeks

We honestly just got them a few hours ago. It’s 74 where I’m at. I thought about letting them out in the run for a little bit for my other 2 ducks. They are 24 weeks
If you do that don’t take your eyes off them . They could be hurt or even killed by the older ducks. Are either of your other two ducks a Drake? Your new babies should not be around any drakes until they’re five months old.
Introductions are usually done through a fence for the first couple of weeks until they get used to seeing each other on the opposite sides of a fence

If you do that don’t take your eyes off them . They could be hurt or even killed by the older ducks. Are either of your other two ducks a Drake? Your new babies should not be around any drakes until they’re five months old.
Introductions are usually done through a fence for the first couple of weeks until they get used to seeing each other on the opposite sides of a fence
No neither of my other 2 are drakes. I’m keeping a close eye on them

I just picked one of them up and noticed one looks blind in one eye. So I just moved to a separate run beside the older ducks

Do you have Terramycin eye ointment I’d put it around the ducklings eye Warm saline for eyes would be good to use before the Terramycin. Bless you for rescuing them.

Back
Top Bottom