Baby duuckling not pooping

Beckyrojas

Hatching
Sep 26, 2019
So.. hubby found a baby duck last friday.. everything was fine. On tuesday i bought purina duck feed and been feeding him since soaking foodvwith water so its not that hard.. he was eating fine last night but woke with only 2 poops on the bedding i did for him... this morning all he was doing is like laying on his belly barely moving and wouldnt eat or drink water.. he still wabbled around but not as before... can he be constipated . i did put him in warm water to see if he can get clean down there and wiped but nothing.. he dosent show a paste of poop or nothing.. but something was peaking out and then it was gone.. how long can he last like this.. planning on taking him to a sanctuary near my home even though kids dont want me to .. plan was to help him grow and them set him free

Update on sanctuary i was calling around for info and i was just told its a against the law to take any non native animal so know i really need to find a solution to help him

Last edited:
So.. hubby found a baby duck last friday.. everything was fine. On tuesday i bought purina duck feed and been feeding him since soaking foodvwith water so its not that hard.. he was eating fine last night but woke with only 2 poops on the bedding i did for him... this morning all he was doing is like laying on his belly barely moving and wouldnt eat or drink water.. he still wabbled around but not as before... can he be constipated . i did put him in warm water to see if he can get clean down there and wiped but nothing.. he dosent show a paste of poop or nothing.. but something was peaking out and then it was gone.. how long can he last like this.. planning on taking him to a sanctuary near my home even though kids dont want me to .. plan was to help him grow and them set him feee
are you using a heatlamp for him?

Ok.. will take pics when i get home... apart from lamps any other suggestions... sorry ive never had a pet and just wanted to help ducky to grow and set free..

Once you have a heat source for him maybe a nice warm soak water usually always makes them poop. And fresh water for him to drink. Make something like this for the duckling to drink out of it can dunk it’s head which is important and can’t climb in it.
4726A7AB-0491-4886-A436-21150469F0C5.jpeg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom