Baby Faith (rescued girl)... now with a sprained leg?

technodoll

Songster
10 Years
Aug 25, 2009
Quebec, Canada
If it's not one thing it's another!

I have had Faith, a tiny EE girl, since Nov 17th - no idea on her age but she was almost completely skin and bones when I plucked her from the hellhole she was being "raised" in, she still peeps like a baby chick and has hardly grown since then. She is smaller than my 9 week-old Brahma pullet.

Her feathers are growing in like crazy though, she looks and feels like a hedgehog!

Today, she is limping and in obvious pain.

She is staying huddled under the heat lamp, leaning to one side. She let me pet and hold her without peeping (first time), she actually sank into my arms and just relaxed, like she was falling asleep.

Eyes are clear, I did see her hobble to the food and water dishes but she can hardly hold her weight up, it's like her knees keep buckling.

She is favoring one leg over the other.

I can't see any lesions or abrasions, can't feel any obvious swelling or injuries.

She keeps getting bullied and pecked on by the other girls, of course.

barnie.gif

What to do? Can I give her 1/4 of an aspirin to reduce any inflammation if she's still limping tomorrow?

Should I bring her inside? I only have a small plastic dog carrier left that she could stay in, as the other space is occupied by a hen sitting on eggs.

CRAP!!!

I love that little mongrel! I cannot let ANYTHING happen to her!
hit.gif

Well... I brought little Faith in the house this morning, she's in a small dog crate with bedding now.

She's been sleeping since, has not eaten or drank or moved...

She tried to peep for me a couple times but all that comes out is a hoarse croak.

Her leg is causing obvious pain, can I give her anything to alleviate her discomfort?

sad.png
worried mama
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom