Baby Flemish Giant Rabbits

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am looking into getting flemish giants, and have a question, how do you house yours, do you have any pics for ideas on what we should be doing for housing, thanks

We custom built our hutches They are 48LX34Wx32H. That is a little bigger than the industry standard but we thought we'd do it better than everyone else lol. Ours are framed out and we use chicken wire for most of the fromts. We've converted our 2 bay garage into the rabbitry so our buns are protected from the elements and we have kerosene heaters out there for nights like tonight where it will get down to 10 degrees. Again the industry standard is for them to be in huthces that are wooden with a wire mesh front and for the rabbits to be housed outdoors. We didn't like that. Our hutches also have a solid wood floor. It means more work for us each week but we didn't want the on wire flooring. I mean would you want to walk on the 24/7
sad.png
13748_100_0254.jpg
13748_100_0255.jpg
13748_100_0255.jpg

those are great, i was thinking about converting my old breeder pens (chickens) into something for the rabbits, but i would need to do something on the outside run that they couldnt dig out. those are great though, i cant wait to show dh his next project.

another strange question, i thought my father was bringing me home flemish giants from florida, but her told my dh that they are in ct, and he is picking them up on his way home on march 20 or so, that wouldnt be you would it??

We currently have deposits on 4 of the 8 bunnies with 2 other people expressing an interest in them If they send in a deposit then we will be suspending the sale of this litter to ensure that I can accommodate requests for either certain colors or certain sex.

I do have a white doe who is due any day. She missed on her last breeding so we are hoping it took this time. If not then I have 2 other does due the week of March 20th. They are light gray and black and the light gray is one of my show rabbits and is currently hitting the scales at almost 16lbs at 8 months. She is a beauty. Her babies will bring a premium at 75.00.
bun.gif

We now have 5 of the 8 rabbits on deposit so we are at this time suspending deposits on this litter. We have 2 other does that are due the end of the month. 1 Black with blue genes bred to a black with blue genes and a light gray bred to a black. My light gray doe is just over 16lbs
big_smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom