Baby Goat Incoming!

Simple, use whole cows milk. No improperly mixing formula from that.

But first, clear up the scours. Use a clear liquid diet. Though if could be the diseases mentioned. What color is the scours? What does it look like (bloody, frothy, etc.).

In the medical field, when a nurse gives report, it is recommended to give an incredibly descriptive report. If you can basically see and smell what the person is describing, it is a good report. Sure, we don't want to hear/smell a GI bleed in words (since the stench and appearance is freaking awful), but it goes a long way to knowing the condition. Just one example. FYI, yea, GI bleeds, yuck.
It seems to be gone now as i said, but it was bright yellow and really runny. The previous owner didn't deworm them, so its possible that's what the problem was, but we haven't dewormed them yet. What would be the appropriate time to start Deworming?

A two week old kid should still be fed a MINIMUM of the times a day, and only needs 15% of their body weight in milk. So if they are 15lbs, they need 36oz spread out over the WHOLE day, not just one a day. At two weeks they aren't eating enough solids to be fed just once a day. Switch them over to whole cow milk, and feed them based off body weight spread out over the day.

Oh I LOVE goats but my neighbourhood doesn't allow any "barn type animals"
hit.gif

A two week old kid should still be fed a MINIMUM of the times a day, and only needs 15% of their body weight in milk. So if they are 15lbs, they need 36oz spread out over the WHOLE day, not just one a day. At two weeks they aren't eating enough solids to be fed just once a day. Switch them over to whole cow milk, and feed them based off body weight spread out over the day.
Ok thanks for your advice. I'll get them weighed and everything.

my twin girls born yesterday lexie n Lilly we going with l names this year we already have Lola Lucy n a dog names lizzy n a guinea pig names lolly

So this year, we are reluctant to breed the does. And when I say we I mean my family not me. The reason they are concerned is that the reason we were breeding them was for profit and we cant seem to sell them. Out of the four kids we had last year, only one was sold. We refuse to take them to the auction as we wont get enough and we have no idea where they would be going. Facebook and Craiglist don't seem to work either, any ideas? I really love having the kids around but I understand that we cannot keep them. Any help is appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom