Baby Monitor that is fully battery operated and doesn't need wi-fi?

arazla

Songster
Apr 18, 2023
Hudson Valley, New York
Hello, Our coop is quite far from our house and there's no electricity unless we run a 100 foot extension chord from the house. Has anyone tried this monitor out? https://www.amazon.com/TimeFlys-Mon...8&sprefix=camping+baby+monitor+,aps,97&sr=8-3
I like that they look like birds, though maybe even abstract owls won't be so welcome?
Also our house is built on rock and there are all sorts of boulders around, so wondering whether this will really reach. If anyone has any recommendations for outdoor, livestock, or camping options, that would be great. Hoping for something semi affordable, but also worried at the price point above, maybe it's not reliable.

Hello, Our coop is quite far from our house and there's no electricity unless we run a 100 foot extension chord from the house. Has anyone tried this monitor out? https://www.amazon.com/TimeFlys-Monitor-Mustang-Rechargeable-Batteries/dp/B09BJ1FCRN/ref=sr_1_3?crid=NFJR964N2LBF&keywords=camping+baby+monitor&qid=1684295098&sprefix=camping+baby+monitor+,aps,97&sr=8-3
I like that they look like birds, though maybe even abstract owls won't be so welcome?
Also our house is built on rock and there are all sorts of boulders around, so wondering whether this will really reach. If anyone has any recommendations for outdoor, livestock, or camping options, that would be great. Hoping for something semi affordable, but also worried at the price point above, maybe it's not reliable.

I haven't.
There are boosters available, but that adds to the cost. :(

Correct me if I am wrong but most baby monitors work off short range radio signal. I use one when I am printing large runs of instruction manuals, listening part in the printer room, receiver in the office so I can hear when the printer jams and stops running. That is at least 75 feet away so 100 feet isn't that much more.

Well I did end up buying this and it does work, but only from certain points in the house. It also loses connection if I put the monitor inside the coop, but still works if I leave it outside the gate. Thinking that would still be enough to hear a commotion assuming there would be a ruckus if a predator attacked, but maybe sometimes it's silent? Yes, a booster might help.

Back
Top Bottom