Baby peacocks losing one a day

jhon619

Hatching
Apr 18, 2016
My ranch owner just got 8 peachicks we have 4 left there is one really healthy one who has picked the rest of them on the eye lids so bad to the point of bleeding i just lost the fifth one about an hour ago the temperature is right the right feed water and stable paddock and I have no idea what to do or what is wrong i took two inside with me the one died and this little guy is a fighter but will he survive by himself even though I am playing serugot mom and sibling thank you BYC

I'm sorry to hear this bad news.
Probably our pea health experts will be able to help you better with more information about the peababies.
Are they eating/drinking/pooping? Droopy eyes, droopy wings? How is their breathing, are they active, etc. etc.

hugs.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhon619

My ranch owner just got 8 peachicks we have 4 left there is one really healthy one who has picked the rest of them on the eye lids so bad to the point of bleeding i just lost the fifth one about an hour ago the temperature is right the right feed water and stable paddock and I have no idea what to do or what is wrong i took two inside with me the one died and this little guy is a fighter but will he survive by himself even though I am playing serugot mom and sibling thank you BYC

Not much info to go on here, I think my first move would have been to put the bully into isolation and then try to assess the remaining ones. Are they eating chick starter medicated with amprollium? Are you using corid or any other coccidiostat in the water? Coccidiosis will often taken them one after the next until they are all gone, but it is by no means the only thing that could. Poop pics would help, and a trip to the vet would be even better. Keep us posted.

I didn't know that i will get one right now i have one that can't go poo help

Wash his butt with warm water. Also age and have they ever been on the ground or in contact with chikens. 4-6 weeks old on ground might want to treat for blackhead.

Back
Top Bottom