Baby polish pecking issue

I have 12 one month olds. No Polish, though. I have a bunch of different height things, cinder blocks on end with a 2x2 between, a hefty tripod-like branch, I usually swap things around when I clean up their cage. I also dump leaf litter and hay in there for them to dig in. Another month and they'll go out with the flock.
Are Polish more inclined to pick at each other?
I have 12 one month olds. No Polish, though. I have a bunch of different height things, cinder blocks on end with a 2x2 between, a hefty tripod-like branch, I usually swap things around when I clean up their cage. I also dump leaf litter and hay in there for them to dig in. Another month and they'll go out with the flock.
Are Polish more inclined to pick at each other?
Yes speaking with other polish keepers/breeders it seems that Polish are inclined to pack each other often as chicks

I didn't know that. I also give mine 1/2 apples, 1/2 oranges and melon rinds. They really swarm the melon. Do they fight or just aggravate each other? Usually one of mine will snatch the food and try to run with it while the rest try to snatch it.

I have polish, they don't peck at each other anymore than my others. Mine are 7 weeks at the moment. But, I have a lot of obstacles and items to keep all entertained and engaged.
What I have read is that other chickens tend to pick on polish.

Back
Top Bottom