Baby quail dying one by one!

Farmboy101

Songster
6 Years
Oct 24, 2016
Central North Carolina
I put 8 eggs in the incubator and 5 hatched and ever since the day after hatching one or two have died. Now I am down to only 2 birds. They are eating and drinking. The brooder isn't too hot. Whats happening?

Sure the brooder isn't too cold? What's the temp at floor level below the heat lamp? Does the chicks stay right below the heat lamp or more at the edge of it? Can they get into their water container? What do you feed them?
A pic of your brooder setup will probably help in figuring out what's up, but the questions above are some of the common problems, according to what I know from this forum..

Sure the brooder isn't too cold? What's the temp at floor level below the heat lamp? Does the chicks stay right below the heat lamp or more at the edge of it? Can they get into their water container? What do you feed them?
A pic of your brooder setup will probably help in figuring out what's up, but the questions above are some of the common problems, according to what I know from this forum..

Its probably the temp in the brooder. Did you give electrolytes or probiotics? Make sure the protein of the feed is high enough. Here is a video on how we raise our chicks.

Back
Top Bottom