Baby Sebastopol Geese???

Good morning Lydia, the hole is a bit bigger, the little gosling peeps a lot, especially when I cheer him on. Egg wiggles a lot. I have the humidity maintained and I left some music playing when I left for work. It's killing me but my sweet husband will check on him today. I have been praying ALOT! It's so hard to watch and listen.
Well hopefully by the time your home there will have been lots of progress made. I know it is so hard not to help but like 8 said give it till tonight.
fl.gif

We definitely will! If we have a babe I will send you a picture immediately! Thanks for your support!

Lydia!!! Meet our little gosling! My husband just got home and here he/she is!! Such relief and so happy out one egg was a success!!

Lydia!!! Meet our little gosling! My husband just got home and here he/she is!! Such relief and so happy out one egg was a success!!
Oh my gosh how adorable.. Congratulations . Now you need a stuffed animal and a non breakable mirror because that little one is going to be crying and needing lots of love an attention since it's all alone. Do you have the parents I forget.

No, we don't
1f61f.png
but I have a little chick hatching in the incubator as we speak and I thought maybe they could bond. We may pick up a couple of Sebastopol goslings from this person near by. His are 3 or 4 days old.

My heart just skipped a beat. It must feel so very special to watch a baby gosling come into the world. Congratulations!!!

Thank you! It is very special! We were given a Sebastopol goose egg at a swap. We bought an incubator and our Maran Hen sat on the egg for part of the time until I brought it in for the remainder of the incubation. This was our first time and we learned a lot! Most importantly, be patient and let nature take its course, our little gosling took about 36 hours to hatch. She's very sleepy. We are thrilled!

I chop up the grass, spinach, veggies, if it's just going to be placed in the food dish.  When outside, they eat the grass on their own terms.  When I'm actually holding the veggies or spinach leaf, I let them tug and pull to get their own bite.

Yep, they are definately little poop factories.

Dont feed them spinach!! It is bad for waterfowl and can plug up their system!

No, we don't
1f61f.png
but I have a little chick hatching in the incubator as we speak and I thought maybe they could bond. We may pick up a couple of Sebastopol goslings from this person near by. His are 3 or 4 days old.
Good you have someone close by yes get that baby a friend. or a couple of friends. lol

I know I am in love...name yet?

Her name is Lucy and I found 2 more Sebastopol goslings that are just a bit older that we will introduce to her. We did have a new chick that is with her. They seem to like each other.
2764.png

Back
Top Bottom