baby's first bath * PIC ADDED *

Crazy4Chicks

Songster
12 Years
Nov 20, 2007
Glendale, AZ
I thought my little triplets would like a trip to the local water park for a little bath - they were scared at first but that quickly changed to splashing and playing - they were only allowed a very short visit this time but hopefully the weather will warm back up in a day or two and I will let them play again.

So here is Peanut, Topknot,Uno haveing some fun

S6300428.jpg

Julie

while the little ones were playing I went and cleaned thier brooder added fresh shavings and a warm washcloth from the dryer - also grabbed a hand towel and DH would hand one baby to me at a time and I would dry them off and put them in thier brooder - when all 3 were in I covered the whole thing with a light blanket to help keep them warm - it was a pretty nice day but I did not want to take the chance - they were totally dry in no time - and all that playing they did - they played themselfs right into a long nap.

Julie

I cant believe how much I love these little guys - they were from my fisrt try at hatching any thing in my life - and I have the parents here so it is really neat to be able to have the whole family. I am really hoping I have more females with these 3 so they can stay here and I can watch them grow - if they happen to be males they will go live at the zoo and be a part of the petting zoo there since they were home hatched and hand raised - and I sill will be able to see them.

Julie

actually these are muttducks LOL the mom to all 3 is a cayuga - the daddy to Topknot is my creasted -- the daddy to Uno ( the odd colored fellow ) we are thinking is my Pekin , and as far as Peanut - not sure who her daddy is LOL

so we have a cayuga/creasted -- cayuga/pekin -- cayuga/creasted or pekin

either way they are way to cute - they follow each other everywhere and if I take one out to hold him the other 2 go nuts waiting for thier brother/sister to come back
they remind me of the parents outside - those 3 do the same thing where one goes they all go - I am looking forward to the babies getting old enough to join their mom and dad(s).

Julie

So very cute
big_smile.png
Thanks for sharing.
I wish I had a pond out here, I'd have all sorts of water fowl. I love runners and the little call ducks and geese. We have to have water trucked in though, (thanks to the 5 bzillion surrounding non-dry grow vineyards having successfully messed with the water table over the past decade) so unfortunately there is not spare enough to make one.

well I dont have a pond either just a little kiddie pool - now with these little ones that brings us to 6 ducks - but I can only keep females - so if 1-2 of them are staying I am going to have to get at least one bigger pool and keep the kiddie pool for the babies. sad my ducks will have at least 2 pools and I am stuck to sweat and die from the heat pool-less !

Julie

Back
Top Bottom