1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

babys form ideal

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by hensplease, Oct 14, 2009.

1. hensplease

hensplease Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2009
    san diego
    i hope there ok they should be here tomorow do they come mail or ups and wat time do they usaly get to urhouse

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    They will come by the postal service. You should call your local post office and let them know you are expecting chicks. Just to give them a heads up.
    You will probably receive the call very early in the morning, before the post office even opens and you will need to go pick them up. Put the heater on in your car, even if you suffocate.
    Ideal mails on Mondays (chicks arrive Tuesday or Wed.) and Wednesdays (chicks arrive on Thurs or Fri). Sometimes they arrive the same day, late in the evening.
    Be sure and have your brooder all set up and the heat lamp(s) going before you leave to pick them up.
    When you arrive home with them, take each chick out of the box, one at a time, and dip their beak in the water, then set them down in or near their feed.
    Good luck with your chicks! [​IMG]

3. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    good luck with your chicks... I am already planning my next order for in the spring

4. Whisper

Whisper Out Of The Brooder

Oct 2, 2009
    [​IMG] I'm as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rockin chairs-- my chicks shipped today from Ideal, too. I have no idea what I'm getting, hah, I ordered 9 bantams and 3 feather footed pullets, but just the mixed bag special! It's going to be fun figuring out what I got!

5. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    i was that wat too

6. L*A*G*

L*A*G* Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    planet chicken
    good luck with your chix! let me know how they are and do, I plan to order from them next year.
    how many chix did u order and how much was the shipping? just so i can know for my order.

7. hensplease

hensplease Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2009
    san diego
    any idea if they should come before 7:30(i want to see them before i leave for School)

8. SunnyChic

SunnyChic Keep The Sunny Side Up

Mar 7, 2009
    They should come in on the early morning mail truck; mine came in at 5:30am. They should call you when they take them off the truck. Good luck with your new babies!

9. silkypie

silkypie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    Plant City, FL
    please post pictures of your little munchkins! [​IMG]

10. silkiechick236

silkiechick236 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    Oklahoma
    I got my chicks from Ideal this morning. The post office called at 3:30 am![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by