Back from the dead

when you placed under the broody did you do it at night, that is the best time to place. I'm so sorry for your loss. They need sav a chick electrolytes or you can make up some molasses water something that will rejuvenate them with energy, Keep some b 12 complex vitamin tables around and crush into water you cannot give to much they really need it, also keep Poultry Cell around it's good for adult birds and chicks for all sorts of things, When trying to feed chicks use a syringe and place on side of beak or very tip and let it run but not gushing it can easily drown. With mush food i use a toothpick and roll down side of beak or gently open top beak and place across just a little bit. I had to do this for one of mine but it died it just would not eat and had curled toes, it was a shipped egg and I will never buy from that seller again i've had problems with that whole hatch.

I love this site and have gained so much knowledge and the people are so nice and helpful. Don't give up...stay the course chicks die for all sorts of reasons, you can do everything right in incubating or sitting under a broody hen but if the eggs you choose are not from a flock that is provided the right breeding feed than we that try to hatch out have problems. Sorry if i didn't say that right.

Hello all. I got a bit confused with the last few posts. Just want to let you know that Button is very much alive. After the night with my hen and being pecked by her in the morning she has spent the day with me or my daughter. I have been feeding her egg yolk and honey water. She is as I type in a sling round my neck.

Attachments

• IMG_20200522_192339.jpg
    IMG_20200522_192339.jpg
    448.9 KB · Views: 4
As often as it will eat! :D do you have a brooder you can pop it into with a heat source? Sometimes once they’re warmed up they’ll start eating on their own again. Water with electrolytes and/or a vitamin supplement may also be helpful to you. I had a chick do something similar, got itself somehow stuck between the food dish and the wall and was mostly dead when I found it. Warmed it up, and away it went chowing down. Water is important for these littles, definitely make sure you’re getting it to drink. :)
It is so hard to see them doing better and then they die. It happens a lot unfortunately. I tell my daughter that if all the chicks lived we would be up to our elbows in chickens. Seems to help us to think of it that way.

Back
Top Bottom