Back to Eden Gardening and Hugelkulture and other non-conventional garden methods

Pics
Get some Orange oil and mix 1/4 cup to gallon of water add an ounce of molasses to oil and water and then either spry mounds with this mixture or drench mound with mixture. Works fast and and is from natural products. I have found it works good in Southeast Georgia. Good Luck.

Get some Orange oil and mix 1/4 cup to gallon of water add an ounce of molasses to oil and water and then either spry mounds with this mixture or drench mound with mixture. Works fast and and is from natural products. I have found it works good in Southeast Georgia. Good Luck.
Thanks Isay Willow, I had forgot about orange oil. Yes, orange oil seems about the only think to deal with these imported terrors. I think they started using it in Texas several years ago. Have they got to where they can state it's use for killing fire ants or is it still a "cleaning agent" listed item?

Get some Orange oil and mix 1/4 cup to gallon of water  add an ounce of molasses to oil and water and then either spry mounds with this mixture or drench mound with mixture. Works fast and and is from natural products. I have found it works good in Southeast Georgia. Good Luck.

For fire ants? Seriously?

Is it orange essential oil?

Just Orange Oil. The product that I purchase is Made by Medina and they have been doing this for about 60 years. It is Natural and Biodegradeable I kick the top of ill off and then spry or drench, works fine for me. However if you have a heavy rain just after putting on nest it may survive and require another application. I spry around hill after drenching center. The Orange Oil comes in a one quart bottle. If you try it let me know how you make out. It is not essential oil. I buy mine in the exchange on Ft Stewart. Cost about $15.00

The orange oil "melts" the exoskeleton of ants...so bugs with "shells" are in danger. Not sure about soft-bodied bugs...worms, catepillars, etc.,. I've read where folks say over-application results in burned leaves...seems a conservative mixture of 1 to 2 ounces per gallon works the best. I've seen no problems reported with soil drenches, only the burning of leaves from a strong solution used as a foliar spray. Also, if using as a foliar spray then spray during times when the sunlight isn't intense.

What the IntheSwamp said is good,for myself I use 1 oz per gallon when spraying trees and 1/2 oz per gallon when spraying Garden plants. I usually spray in the early morning ar just after sun set. I do not spray when plants are flowering. I try not to kill any pollinators. Do a little experimenting before you use it on everything.

I like the sound of this Orange oil I will have to find some and try it. Thanks
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom