back yard breed help

david-ohio

Hatching
7 Years
Mar 31, 2012
i have just hade to get ride of my 6 cornesh cross .when we got them we were told thay lay eggs .after 30 day we start to see something was realy wrong thay were as big as a small turket .doing sume reserch we found out that thay did not lay eggs and thay were use for thair meat .so we found one of the kids teach that hade a farm and took them for us . my thing is we have 2 rode island and 4 laghorns but thair personailty is nothing like the other cornesh cross . does any one no of a breed that like them that lays eggs.i mess them so.....
sad.png

i have just hade to get ride of my 6 cornesh cross .when we got them we were told thay lay eggs .after 30 day we start to see something was realy wrong thay were as big as a small turket .doing sume reserch we found out that thay did not lay eggs and thay were use for thair meat .so we found one of the kids teach that hade a farm and took them for us . my thing is we have 2 rode island and 4 laghorns but thair personailty is nothing like the other cornesh cross . does any one no of a breed that like them that lays eggs.i mess them so.....
sad.png

go with Buff Orps or Wyandottes, they get large and lay eggs, Cochins are larger but may not be as productive as orps but are more laid back

Back
Top Bottom