Back yard rabbit group anyone?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by herbandteas, Dec 20, 2008.

1. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
  2. Chickie Mamma

Chickie Mamma Farmer at Heart

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Hello, I could use more info on bunnies. I have 2 at the moment. A Dwarf female that is turning 5 in May and a neutered male Lionhead
    ( I think ). He's 2 yrs. We actually got him to keep the old lady bunny warm. He takes good care of her! [​IMG]

3. TubbyChicken

TubbyChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2008
    Kentucky
    I just adopted a rabbit (about 2 or 3 weeks ago, a neutered netherland dwarf) and have so many unanswered questions. I can't find any forums that seem active enough to post in and the book that I have doesn't really address my questions. Since I'm new to owning a bunny I'm not sure if I'm doing everything right for him, and I'm perplexed by his behavior...

I would LOVE a backyard rabbit group!

4. OPIE

OPIE Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    Freeman Mo.
    Well I just got into rabbits. New zealands to be exact. I have 3 does, I had a buck that was 4 months old, my daughter adopted him. The other day I went outside and heard him squeeling like crazy I picked him up and he wouldnt move his right leg. He quit squeeling so I put him back down, he died shortly therafter:(, any ideas? Now I need another buck. I bought them for raising meet rabbits.

5. babalubird

babalubird Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2008
    I'd sure be interested in a backyardrabbits group.

6. herbandteas

herbandteas Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Awww how sweet that the lion head is taking care of the older bunny.

7. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ha!! You tell me! I have no idea of what these guys are!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also have a pair of mini rex, and a dutch doe, but I don't have pics of them yet. Don't know why, just never got around to it! I love the rexes, they are so soft and sweet! Oh, btw, the pics are of 2 does (black? chocolate?) and a buck (spotted)

Last edited: Dec 22, 2008
  8. herbandteas

herbandteas Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:May be he hurt his leg is all I can think of. May be you need two bucks to so you can make sure you have breeders.

Happy Holidays,

9. mamato3

mamato3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2008
    SWMissouri
    i would love a rabbit group i just started into the rabbit world i have 4 commercial nzw rabbits 3 does and a buck i will try to start breeding the first of Febuary 2 does and the buck are around 20 wks then i got 1 doe that is 1 year old and has 3 babies with her at the moment there 1 wk old she had a total of 8 but she had them on the wire and i could not save them all though i tried. Hubby laughed when i told him i stuck them in my shirt to re warm them. This is her 2 nd litter she lost her 1st did a little better this time i hope the 3rd time she gets it right. She did not pull hair tell the evening after she had the babys and she did not build a nest for them.

10. waynesgarden

waynesgarden Feathers of Steel

Mar 30, 2008
    Oxford County
    Question: Can house rabbit people and meat rabbit people peacefully co-exist?

I'm getting back in to raising meat rabbits and the last thing I'd want to have to do is deal with rabbit rescue people raising issues with that. I lurk at rabbit forums geared to raising rabbits for profit where none of that occurs.

Wayne

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by