Back yard rabbit group anyone?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by herbandteas, Dec 20, 2008.

1. herbandteas

herbandteas Chillin' With My Peeps

I was sitting here thinking that there are a few people who do comment on the other animal post about rabbits that dont know a lot about them that it would be nice to set up a Back yard rabbit group. Anyone interested enough in one?

2 people like this.
  2. BayCityBabe

BayCityBabe Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2008
    I'd love to learn about rabbits from people who have them - either here on BYC or elsewhere. Any suggestions?

3. herbandteas

Quote:Do you have rabbits already? If not what breeds are you interested in?

4. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I would love a rabbit forum! I have 6, one dutch doe, a pair of mini-rex's, and 3 that I have no idea what breed they are, but there are 2 does and a buck. I know almost nothing about rabbits!!

5. herbandteas

What kind of things do you want to know.....i can try to answer any questions you both have.

6. ninny

ninny Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    IL side of the QCA
    i would like one.

I also think a backyard dog one would be great!

7. obsessed

obsessed Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    Slidell, LA
    I would love a backyard rabbit. I currently am trying to raise meat rabbits. I have four does and two bucks. No luck yet.

1 person likes this.
  8. herbandteas

Quote:I am hoping that someone will decide this is a good idea. It seems like there are quite a few people here that have rabbits.

9. herbandteas

Quote:I just have a doe right now trying to find another doe and a buck for breeding them I have american chinchilla rabbits and I am thinking of adding lilac rex rabbits too.

What does everyone else have?

1 person likes this.
  10. kenman

kenman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    I started this summer with 3 young cross bred does to raise meat rabbits. Since then I have purchased bucks, several more does, sold some, and raised a bunch of bunnies with more on the way. As of now I have seven breeding does and two breeding bucks. I am going to sell my older buck (a big gray) and start using a white New Zealand. I enjoy my rabbits very much! And I love talking about them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by