Backwards duckling!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

Ok. Your humidity is fine. :)

Assisted Hatching Guide

If you haven’t already taken a read through, the above link is an invaluable reference for if you need to assist. Usually it’s best to approach from the air cell and work your way from there, as there isn’t a chance of damaging blood vessels from that end. But as previously mentioned, I wouldn’t jump into anything just yet. It’s early and they take their sweet time even when they actually get started. :)

I saw something like this a while back and they didn’t get any responses so they left it alone. The duckling did make it.

Hi, sorry for the delay! Are you certain that egg is viable? Do you see actual movement from the duckling? The yellow stuff almost looks like yolk.. does the yellow stuff look liquidy or chunky? The dark spot on the egg looks like bruising.

Either way, you're only on day 25, they're no where near hatching just yet. All you can do is wait.

@2 many chickens im not sure anymore... it was moving tonight but I checked earlier and it wasn’t (maybe it was just taking a brake.?) the yellow stuff didn’t look chunky.
If it was turned around would it suffocate? I really hope this baby is okay🙏🏼
The duckling will not suffocate, when it's close to hatching, it will go right up to the air pocket in the egg to make its internal pip. Don't worry!

I agree with 2 many chickens, there's nothing you can do but wait. It's too early to assist. Let us know what happens.

Back
Top Bottom