Backwards leg and wing

AutumnChic

Hatching
5 Years
Aug 25, 2014
I have a two day old chic that looks as if it's right side wing and leg are backwards. The chic is eating and scoots itself around on its belly. I am not sure what to do for it. It can not stand up because of it's leg. I am having to put the food on the ground in front of it so it can eat.
I am hoping that as it get bigger that it will adapted. Any advice would be great.

I have a two day old chic that looks as if it's right side wing and leg are backwards. The chic is eating and scoots itself around on its belly. I am not sure what to do for it. It can not stand up because of it's leg. I am having to put the food on the ground in front of it so it can eat.
I am hoping that as it get bigger that it will adapted. Any advice would be great.

If you can get the leg in the correct position and make a pair of hobbles out of wide rubber bands to hold its legs in the correct position. If you cannot get the leg easily in the correct position then it may need to be put down.

If it's eating and can live I would let it be...try to do what you can to fix or aid it but lots of animals live with defects. My friend had a horse born without an eye an was an award winning jumper. Dogs without a leg ext. think o having this chicken as being freaking awesome. If you want I'll take it lol

Back
Top Bottom