Backyard Brahmas!!

Hi everyone! I'd been wondering how I was going to recruit some more of you without offending the "true to breed" enthusiasts Actually, I think we'd be doing them a favor. So welcome aboard, and thanks so much for coming!

Sjisty, I was so envious when I saw everyone buying up your hatching eggs! My dream flock would be one or two of all the different colors. You have some beautiful birds!

SD Bird Lady, I think this might catch on. Thank you so much for starting this thread!
Vicki

Hi everyone! I'd been wondering how I was going to recruit some more of you without offending the "true to breed" enthusiasts Actually, I think we'd be doing them a favor. So welcome aboard, and thanks so much for coming!

Vicki

Funny how it was kinda the other way around.

I started this after a very "heated" argument over someone's "hatchery" birds. However, I didn't want to announce it on that thread for fear of backlash so glad we are getting some more followers!

What is this about insults to hatchery chickens? Isnt that pretty much where anyone starts to be sure if they have the right breed? I cant see starting with $100 dollar birds. I would like to play around with some breeding but I want it to be my plans not someone elses. Birds should suit me not some 'fashionista'. :)

I remember that argument. They even shut down the thread overnight so people could cool off. If I remember right, it wasn't so much hachery birds, as it was the "project" Brahmas.
Lets all make it a point to check in here daily if we can. This could be a really good thing!

What is this about insults to hatchery chickens? Isnt that pretty much where anyone starts to be sure if they have the right breed? I cant see starting with $100 dollar birds. I would like to play around with some breeding but I want it to be my plans not someone elses. Birds should suit me not some 'fashionista'. :)
Ah, so true!! There are so many dynamics involved, it's impossible to start at the top and still be able to enjoy chicks. I could buy hatching eggs from a breeder, but I could end up with half of them being roos, I couldn't cull one. So people like me are left with no choice(that I know of) except to order female hatchery chicks. I see it as a pretty good alternative.

Hey, annewandering, thanks for coming to the new thread
thumbsup.gif

I remember that argument. They even shut down the thread overnight so people could cool off. If I remember right, it wasn't so much hachery birds, as it was the "project" Brahmas.
Lets all make it a point to check in here daily if we can. This could be a really good thing!
That was it I couldn't remember the topic exactly but I remember it happening.

So, I think a good start since this is a fairly new thread, would be to follow sjisty and post pics of our lovely birds. I will have to go get some pics of them when I put them to bed and will add them later. Remember if we can't see it.....it doesn't exist.

So, I think a good start since this is a fairly new thread, would be to follow sjisty and post pics of our lovely birds. I will have to go get some pics of them when I put them to bed and will add them later. Remember if we can't see it.....it doesn't exist.
LOL! That's my philosophy as well. I'm all visual so pictures are paramount to descriptions.

Back
Top Bottom