Backyard Brahmas!!

Pics
SD, I'm so glad you're happy with your chick order! Did Cackle let you know they were sending extra's, or was it a surprise when you opened up the box?

my little peeps, What a cute, funny girl you've got there!  Does she always act silly?

Crazy Cluck, I can't wait to see more pics of huge mumble as he grows! Please keep us up to date.

She's always goofy:) I must say I love LB's and so far everyone in my household adore her as well. I hope one day to have several more.

SD, I'm so glad you're happy with your chick order! Did Cackle let you know they were sending extra's, or was it a surprise when you opened up the box?

my little peeps, What a cute, funny girl you've got there!  Does she always act silly?

Crazy Cluck, I can't wait to see more pics of huge mumble as he grows! Please keep us up to date.

Just for you vikisgirls! Mumble and gloria.....hes getting so big now!

He's such a sweetie! Are he and little sis from the same clutch, or batch or whatever they would call full siblings? Such a huge difference in size, although she looks like she may be catching up just a bit. They're both darling, thanks so much for sharing!!!
Vicki

Last edited:
Does anyone else just love the grumpy stare it looks like Brahma chicks have? I always love how they look like they are furrowing their brow because of their broad heads. I was so sad when the batch I got this winter didn't have that "look"!

Crazy cluck love the pic, what color will they be when they grow up?

I love that look too! As adult birds, they have a rather intimidating look, almost like a glare. What's funny, is that they're a docile bird who looks quite the opposite. I remember a person when I was a kid who had a similar look; they were not nice at all.

This is one of my Lt. Brahmas. They are 1 week old today. :) I am a bit confused about the two I have. They do not look like the others posted here yet they are the color that McMurray shows, which is where I got them. They are hulky little things! Little pigs too. Most of the time they are at the feeder scarfing it down! The first was under the red light.

These are not my photos but in my experience the darker chicks don't have as clean of Columbian pattern:

This from www.meyerhatchery.com
LIBS1.gif

-VS- this from www.cacklehatchery.com
Fading_SunLight_Brahma.jpg

Hope these examples helps. It doesn't always hold true but it has just been my experience. The cleaner looking pattern is usually on chicks that hatch 90% or more yellow.
Ty. The blotchy color is pretty but not what I planned on. Oh well I think they are awfully cute chicks and the more I look at the top one the more I like it even better. :) Mine came from McMurray and their photos are like the bottom.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom