Backyard Brahmas!!

The feed store did give me 2 EEs and they had my Brahmas. Made the switch and very happy. Still curious about my roo. I do not think he is a Brahma we shall see what he is in several months I guess! Lol I'm calling him Dexter
again, if no feathers at all on legs and feet, not a brahma, even a brahma cross has those, my buff lace brahma cock crossed with one of my ee's, i got a beautiful little hen with feathered feet and a "muffed face", she had more feathers on her legs and feet than her dad.

again, if no feathers at all on legs and feet, not a brahma, even a brahma cross has those, my buff lace brahma cock crossed with one of my ee's, i got a beautiful little hen with feathered feet and a "muffed face", she had more feathers on her legs and feet than her dad.

Any ideas?

no, not really but looks like he might be some kind of partridge colored, won't know until he feathers out for sure
you could ask big medicine, thats one smart man and breeder, he could also tell you if i'm wrong about the feathers on the legs and feet.
roll.png

Any ideas?

The chipmunk striping usually indicates the presence of some pattern genes, possibly partridge, single laced, double laced, penciled, etc. The shaded legs makes me lean toward another Easter egger, as they seem to come in about any color/pattern. I'm guessing a ruff less one, in this case.

Yes all Brahmas should have fuzzy legs/toes at hatch.

The hatchery just confirmed it is an Araucana Roo. Thanks for your help. Im not happy and now I don't know what to do. I can only have one roo where I live. Im not the type to just dump my birds.
barnie.gif

The hatchery just confirmed it is an Araucana Roo. Thanks for your help. Im not happy and now I don't know what to do. I can only have one roo where I live. Im not the type to just dump my birds.
barnie.gif
I'd give it away if I didn't want it. I wouldn't dump it either. I've managed to give my unwanted away in the past just by passing the word around with my friends that I have one to give away. You can also go to the needs rehoming page and post there. Another thought is to let the folks in your area (where am I where are you forum) that you have an araucana cockerel to give away. Lots of folks are looking for araucanas so I think you can rehome him pretty easily.

Back
Top Bottom