Backyard Brahmas!!

Mine bark, is that the sound that you are talking about? None of my brahma females make normal chicken noises, they all just kind of bark when they need something or want someone to come over and look at something. If not that, if they don't seem to be in distress, I'd not worry overmuch about it.
Yes, its kind of a bark. Now that you say females, the only male I had did not make this sound but he is gone now.

One of my five-day-olds that my broody hatched.. Regardless of what sex it turns out to be, I'm stoked about the feathering on this one :love

Hopefully everything else will fall into place as well as it matures.

I'm sure I could've searched around and found all the answers I want but I like interaction so here goes.

I have 1 Brahma and she is very pretty. Looks like a little falcon or something. Anyways her and my Leghorn are difficult to deal with because they're so flighty. Is this typical for this breed? I knew it was for the Leghorn. I have BO, Delawares and these two. All the others are very friendly.

Thanks in advance for the help.

I'm sure I could've searched around and found all the answers I want but I like interaction so here goes.

I have 1 Brahma and she is very pretty. Looks like a little falcon or something. Anyways her and my Leghorn are difficult to deal with because they're so flighty. Is this typical for this breed? I knew it was for the Leghorn. I have BO, Delawares and these two. All the others are very friendly.

Thanks in advance for the help.
From what I've read that is not typical for the Brahma breed. That's why I included one in my flock; they are supposed to be calm, friendly, & affectionate. Even lap chickens. How old is your Brahma? Where did you get her from? How long has she been in your care? Where is she at in the pecking order of your flock?

Back
Top Bottom