Backyard Brahmas!!

Here are some picks of my 10 week old buff Brahma. They're really starting to feather out well and look very pretty.
2764.png

Bruce has the prettiest fluffy feet! The pic doesn't to them justice. I'm still not sure if they're pullets or cockerels but I've suspected Bruce from the beginning so he's a he until proven otherwise. Lol!

Last edited:
Hello all,

I am new to this site and to chicken rearing! I have 3 lovely silver dark brahma chicks (about 5weeks old). I have used this site and others to research how to tell the sex of the chicks. But I have been left confused and no further to finding out! I have posted some pictures below, it would be great if anyone could help shed some light or point me in the right direction! Here is chick one (left) and two (right)

Chick one again

Chick two again on right with a rear view of tail

Chick 3 (on left)

And chick 3 feather picture!

The pictures are the chicks in there brooder with heat lamp at night but they are now outside all day in coop/run.

I look forward to hearing from fellow chicken livers!

Ann-Marie

Hello all,

I am new to this site and to chicken rearing! I have 3 lovely silver dark brahma chicks (about 5weeks old). I have used this site and others to research how to tell the sex of the chicks. But I have been left confused and no further to finding out! I have posted some pictures below, it would be great if anyone could help shed some light or point me in the right direction! Here is chick one (left) and two (right)

Chick one again

Chick 3 (on left)

The pictures are the chicks in there brooder with heat lamp at night but they are now outside all day in coop/run.

Ann-Marie

Sorry, wish I could help you. If you figure it out let me know. Mine are 10 weeks and I'm still not sure if they're male or female. Brahma are very slow to mature so they're very tricky.

Hello all,

Chick one again

Chick 3 (on left)

Ann-Marie

Slow feathering and red I. The shoulders are both signs of a cockerel. I believe you have two boys and a girl. Looks like they will be gorgeous.

That's what I thought. Thanks! The two lighter feathered chicks with brown tints both display roo behaviour when in the coop.

Thanks for tip on heat lamp. This my first experience with chickens. Learning something everyday!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom