Bad coconut water

Jessica Lazzaro

Hatching
Jun 4, 2021
I've been nursing a sick chick back to health. Her yolk sac had not fully absorbed when she hatched and she had one leg that was staying behind. Over the course of the last two days she has made huge improvements with a brace and lots of extra Care. Last night she was walking well, eating, getting her own water and full of energy. This morning she will not stay awake and seems to be gasping for air. After much investigating I realized I've been giving her coconut water that had gone bad. I'm so sick to my stomach. I don't know what to do. I cannot tell you how upset I am that she had made such progress and I made such an awful mistake that could cause her to die. Any advice or help?? I'm in tears.

I've been nursing a sick chick back to health. Her yolk sac had not fully absorbed when she hatched and she had one leg that was staying behind. Over the course of the last two days she has made huge improvements with a brace and lots of extra Care. Last night she was walking well, eating, getting her own water and full of energy. This morning she will not stay awake and seems to be gasping for air. After much investigating I realized I've been giving her coconut water that had gone bad. I'm so sick to my stomach. I don't know what to do. I cannot tell you how upset I am that she had made such progress and I made such an awful mistake that could cause her to die. Any advice or help?? I'm in tears.
Sorry that this happened. Everyone makes mistakes. Please don't take it too hard.
How is she doing now?

Back
Top Bottom