Bad Dog! I need suggestions here

debilorrah

The Great Guru of Yap
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Aug 25, 2008
The Carpal Tunnel Rehab Center
Christmas Eve, the dog dug his way into the neighbors yard and porceeded through their doggie door and took ALL their decorations over to our yard one and at a time. Took snack trays, took pillows, tore up a hand crocheted blanker she had made for her mother, spread mud all over the living room. The neighbors came home at 1:30 in the morning and of course came banging on our door.

The next morning we recovered some of the decorations and they are now on my floor dryng out so we can try to clean them up. This all happened because my dear step daughter forgot to bring the dog in (she is 19 old enough to know)....

These are great neighbors and they are no longer angry, I just have no way I can think of it make it up to them! We are broke! I have to do SOMETHING!

I would say you owe them free eggs for life.... as well as doing everything you can to restore thier ornaments, clean thier house, your time and money, not thiers. And make your daughter participate in this clean up, when she MOST wants to be somewhere else! She knows better, now you ned to cement that lesson. Just apologize as often as you can, and do everything neccesary to make sure it doesnt happen again!!

And remember, free eggs for life.

Good Luck!

I would willingly give them free eggs for life. Right now we are only getting 1-2 a day
hmm.png
We did clean the yard, but by the time we went over in the morning, they had cleaned. They are really super nice people. I feel so BAD!

A hand-written apology with the promise of eggs as soon as you're getting more would be a very nice gesture. people rarely give or receive hand-written notes, and I'm sure they would appreciate the thoughtfulness of a sincere apology.

When gardens are turning green again in the spring, take them a nice plant of something.

Of course, keeping your dog at home (and tying up the 19 YO... lol) would be helpful.
smile.png

Quote:
Iwas mad at her for forgetting. The dog has a run, if he is to be outside, he goes on the tether..... I should put her out there with him for an hour or two. HAHAHAHA. And hand written note is a good idea. I am so embarassed.

I'm sorry, but I had to laugh!
lau.gif
What kind of dog is it? I can just see this dog going back and forth with little ornaments!!!
gig.gif
Did you not decorate the yard for him? Does he just really like your neighbors? Sounds like something my dogs would do...........

Good thing you have nice neighbors, our newest ones would have the Sheriff pounding at our door, guns pulled and the entire SWAT team surrounding our house followed by a multi million dollar lawsuit.

Volunteer the 19 yo to babysit, run errands, clean their house and yard for a couple of months or so. Tell her she will have to work for them to pay for what the dog destroyed.

Quote:
He is 1 year old pit bull. And he didn't bring little ornaments - he brought snowmen that are 3' tall, santas, shoes, couch pillows, a santa hat, a trio of stuffed snowmen hooked together with little wooden pegs..... And YES he does like them. that is their fault though. they come over and take him home with them to play with their dog - without telling us. She is the nutty one that comes in our yard in the spring and summer and weeds for us. Sheisodd, but a really sweet lady.

lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

How big was the hole he dug to get under the fence? I'm sorry, I have a sick sense of humor! I have been there too many times with animals ripping up the house.

One time the neighbor kids caught a jack rabbit and let it go in their house (it was all an accident you know) when they couldnt catch it they came over and got our hound dog (we were not home and neither where their partents) turned him loose in the house to catch the rabbit. You can imagine the rest.
gig.gif
gig.gif

My suggestion, just offer up the 19 yo DD for sacrifice at their doorstep in front of the doggie door........

Back
Top Bottom