Bad Dog! I need suggestions here

Leave the back door open with the mop & bucket in the middle of the kitchen, then a long "to do" list on the counter...............

and by the way, after seeing his picture, I have to agree with the DD. There is no way he could do all that by himself, I bet Harley helped, heck they have probably been planning this heist for weeks!

Sounds like your neighbors are honest to god dog people, and the those are the best kind! (next to chicken people of course)

As to those people who dont believe the little trouble maker could do it all by himself, weeelllll,,,, let me tell you a story.... lol

I knew a lady who had a shephard mix. Well, he didnt like being left home alone. So one day he took it apon himself to damage thier back door in such a way that it opened and let him out, (wide french doors). then he carefully removed every cushion from the living room, to the back yard, where he destroyed it. THEN, he actually hauled the entire (remaining) sofa out the door, and ripped it to shreds. The neighbors called her at this point, when they came home, and saw him tugging it out the door inch by inch. They didnt dare go in the yard, but boy was he in trouble when she got home, and having been forwarned, snuck up on the house, and actually caught him head and shoulders deep in the back of the couch!

He earned a dog run, and a crate after that, and was never to repeat the episode, but boy his life was on a thin string for a long time! and he had no accomplices! he was one on one with that couch!

I love pits, they are a special breed, but give me my nice quiet lab mixes any day! or better yet, a flock of chickens!!
big_smile.png

You have done well, with this situation, good neighbors are worth thier weight in Gold!

Quote:
Sympathies for the awful situation, Debi, but it sounds like it's resolving itself, yay!
celebrate.gif

Piedpiper, you haven't met my Lab mix yet- he is a real handful. He goes berserker sometimes, and just loses it, in a really violent way. Attacks our other dogs, mostly. Vet says maybe some kind of seizure. Most of the time he's my 93 lb. baby, but when the 2% that isn't Lab gets out, it's Dr. Jekell x 10.

I too, love Pit Bulls! But as for owner responsibility, I have to say it a combination of the dog's nature and the owner training. My Lab is well trained, but he still goes nutso. I have lived with some mighty fine dogs, but it's always a crapshoot.

Sounds like Debi has one of the "gets into trouble, but it's so funny" variety!

KITCHEN LINOLEUM???
lau.gif

He is SOOOO the gets in trouble kinda of a dog, and we are so diligent about putting him on his tether. He strained the tether one time so far that he grabbed a plastic lawn chair and tore it to shreds.

My two year old boxer mix is a chewer as well. To date she has destroyed a number of fairly expensive, ahem... undergarments (she likes the wire part- it's chewy!), several towels, umpteen dog beds, the earphones to my IPod, too many CD cases to count (Crunchy!), the PVC drain pipe of the air conditioner, a number of Christmas ornaments and a whole slew of things better left unmentioned. I swear she's mixed with goat.
On the plus side, she apparently has a GI track of steel as none of that has ever caused any problems. Sigh...

One of my friends dogs chewed a hole in the side of his vari-kennel while in a hotel room. Chewed up an entire chair and desk set. WITHOUT leaving the crate(the hole was just big enough for his head to fit through). Good thing he is a good looking dog that had just earned his championship. It was an expensive way to 'celebrate' though.

I am sure your neighbors will forgive and forget. Though the loss of a handcrafted gift for someone else is hard to take, it too will pass.
smile.png
Especially if they really are truly dog people.

Better fencing, and greater diligence are all you can do really.

This reminds me of the story a friend told me a while back.

He has 2 dogs, who somehow learned to open the freezer drawer on his fancy new fridge. mind you, those freezer drawers require some oomph to get open, as there's a bit of suction going to keep them closed. Jeff removed the handle from the freezer to prevent this, but they persisted.

Jeff came home one day and his female dog come out to greet him, which was rare. When we got into the kitchen, he saw something was amiss: the freezer was open and the dogs had helped themselves.

What did they eat?

Jeff wlked around the house and finally went upstairs to his bedroom, where he found the frozen remnants of the fish (I think tuna) he had caught on a deep sea fishing expedition. We're talking massive chunks of fish. The fish had been gnawed then left to melt... on the middle of his bed.

Not long afterwards, the dogs pulled a similar stunt at his girlfriend's house. There, they helped themselves to 1 pound of butter. Each. They then proceeded to get sick on her brand new wall-to-wall carpet.

Jeff said that his girlfriend's house still smells like a movie theatre... and not in a good way!

Back
Top Bottom