Bad Ebay eggs

pbono9

Chirping
7 Years
Jul 26, 2012
Quick question. Ive purchased eggs off ebay before and have had decent hatches. So i bought cream legbars from someone close to me- in Newark NJ. Spent $35 for 12 eggs. They came packaged nice, but only 1 developed. There were detached air cells in a couple n the rest are just floating yolks.

I also had put some fertilized eggs in my incubator from my farm and they all devloped, so i know its not me.

I contacted the seller and they said, oh that happens sometimes and their sorry. Nothing about reimbursing me some $ or even offering to send more eggs. I wrote back and told them i would be willing to pay for shipping if they could send me 11 fertile eggs. Id even send the unfertile and detached air cell eggs back... but the seller refuses to answer me.

My question is can i open a case against the seller? I know you take a gamble with hatching eggs, but ive never had eggs not develop. Ive even had eggs come across the country that ive had better success.

If i do open a case would it be through ebay or paypal?

Last edited:

Just this

How the package is handled has an impact too. Some of the postal workers just don't care. I've also had mixed result with eggs off ebay so I'm not suggesting that the eggs may not have been bad before they were sent. I just know that with the wrong hands..

How the package is handled has an impact too. Some of the postal workers just don't care. I've also had mixed result with eggs off ebay so I'm not suggesting that the eggs may not have been bad before they were sent. I just know that with the wrong hands..

Yup they covered their hiney and unfortunately you don't have much to back up a claim.
1f615.png

X 2 on both counts.

This is exactly why I don't sell fertile eggs. I have no guarantee that my own eggs will be fertile for me, and with social media being so prevalent, I don't want to get a bad reputation with one bad batch of eggs. I'm sure he didn't intentionally sell you infertile eggs, but there is just no guarantee. I feel your pain, and I would also be sick if it happened to me, but I would have never even emailed him for reimbursement. That's the risk associated with buying fertile eggs

Awwwe man.. i guess i thought if the shoe was on the other foot and my buyer paid n didnt get any development, i would feel guilty n send out new eggs. Especially since i said i would pay for shipping...

I guess some people are just in it for the $ n dont give a sh*t about customer satisfaction..

oh well.. lesson learned. Hopefully my $35 chick hatches...n you know with murphys law its going to be a rooster too...lmfao

Awwwe man.. i guess i thought if the shoe was on the other foot and my buyer paid n didnt get any development, i would feel guilty n send out new eggs. Especially since i said i would pay for shipping...

I guess some people are just in it for the $ n dont give a sh*t about customer satisfaction..

oh well.. lesson learned. Hopefully my $35 chick hatches...n you know with murphys law its going to be a rooster too...lmfao
I would probably do the same. I will replace chicks if they die within the first two weeks of someone buying them, but not everyone does that. Believe me, I would be sick if I spent that much for one egg, but I think the chances for reimbursement are slim to none

I gave him a good review because packaging was great n no broken eggs.. its not that i gave him a negative review at all.. just was hoping they might send me some viable ones..

Back
Top Bottom