Bad Eggs in Full Incubator

Runner Bean

In the Brooder
8 Years
Sep 7, 2011
I just discovered a horrible rotten egg smell coming from the incubator. It came from one tray,( day 10) from one breeder. Of the twenty two eggs half were smelling and some had started to develop oozing spots on the outside of the eggs.

Of course I tossed them but what do I do now?? Do I keep the ones that seem to still be OK from that tray?? And what do I do to protect my other eggs in various stages of incubation?? My incubator is full of very valuable eggs!!! Are all my eggs likely to get infected??

If it were me, I'd hold off on doing anything other than tossing the bad ones. I would watch closely for any of the others to start smelling or oozing.

Did you candle the rest to see if they're viable or not? If they're 10 days along, you'll have a pretty good idea if they're good or not.

I candled them all. Some of the smelly ones showed good development but I tossed them. I tossed all the clears that I found. It only leaves a few but I think some of these might actually be developing " the ooze". I wasn't sure and as they didn't smell I thought I would leave them in and maybe look at them again tomorrow.

If the other eggs were not in contact with the problem eggs are they likely to get infected or does it take close contact? What would be the reason for such a large number of off eggs at once?? Never seen anything like it!

Back
Top Bottom