You're under no obligation to reorder from them just because you got a refund. I hope the hatchery you choose this time doesn't send any substitutions and they all arrive in perfect health! I ordered my chicks from Ideal and they're not having any problems filling orders.(no back orders!)

I know for me, the minimum size per order and breeds available are important. Some if the hatcheries suggested have pretty large minimum orders. I ordered 6 this time, which is the largest number of chicks I've ever had at once. I prefer to add 2 or 3 each year to hopegully keep my egg supply going after my older chickens retire.

I've split orders before so I could meet shipping minimums and still only add a few, but I couldn't find anyone nearby to do that with this time. So I have to look for places with smaller minimums, which is why I ended up with Meyer. They have the breeds I want and ship smaller orders.

I know for me, the minimum size per order and breeds available are important. Some if the hatcheries suggested have pretty large minimum orders. I ordered 6 this time, which is the largest number of chicks I've ever had at once. I prefer to add 2 or 3 each year to hopegully keep my egg supply going after my older chickens retire.

I've split orders before so I could meet shipping minimums and still only add a few, but I couldn't find anyone nearby to do that with this time. So I have to look for places with smaller minimums, which is why I ended up with Meyer. They have the breeds I want and ship smaller orders.
I chose Ideal because they have a 30 dollar minimum and small 7 handling fee.I wish they sold legbars because I wanted a couple but they don't sell them.

I Ordered from Meyers a mix of 9 chicks.we had a hard cold snap the day they shipped. It took 2 days with one death that most certainely occurred while at my local post office they arrived there around 11 pm per local knowledge of a small rural office confirmed by tracking. The building ,when I walked in when they opened was aproximately 50 f..I asked I thought it was colder,they set their heat at 48-50 overnight...anyway, the others were all healthy and active with no other deaths 9 days later. I am quite pleased with customer service as well as follow up 2 days later.

I chose Ideal because they have a 30 dollar minimum and small 7 handling fee.I wish they sold legbars because I wanted a couple but they don't sell them.
It looks like they upped to $40 minimum and high shipping costs in 2023.

I know the cost of everything is going up, yet I’m still disappointed….I was going to do 2 orders from 2 different hatcheries (they don’t both offer the same breeds), but I may just get the one and not do Ideal. 🙁

The cost of everything is making me not even want these birds anymore...whats the point. Prolly gonna sell most of mine come spring really aint worth the feed esp when most haven't even started laying considering they hatched in April. I can get eggs at the store cheaper same with meat. I'm just wasting time at this point.

Just FYI Ideal has $15 surcharge, plus $20 handling for up to 14 birds, and $15 handling for 15-99. $40 min order.

It was $7 and $10 ship last year, $30 min order.

Back
Top Bottom