Bad new about crabs

I had almost picked up a hermit crab one time while I was in VA Beach, but didn't...I still say I'd love one! Never realized there was that much care about crabs its interesting.
I have a really stupid question tho, if they cannot reproduce in captivity, how could you make a climate where they could? What is the difference?
Crabs are really neat, what are those that take over a whole area, the red ones that head from the Forest/trees to the water and then the little ones look like a red carpet wafting along?
So very sorry to hear of you buddy! Its sad, but it sounds like he was content with his stay with you folks!

Quote:
Hermit crabs "give birth" in the ocean near the shore. So far no one has been able to recreate these conditions.

Thanks, who'dah thunk that! Not to change the subject but I had 2 sea horses "mailed" to me for 50 cents out of the enquirer, showing my age here, and I was amazed that when we got them in the bowl with all the stuff I had ready, it was amazing- they had babies no less!
Even tho I live in Maine, within 50 miles of the coast, Hermit Crabs and Sea Horses aren't natural (as far as I know- ;0) ). But the ocean is such an amazing thing, not only does the water crash upon the rocks here, but eventually the same bit of water can whoosh around coral, feed the whales and I'll shut up now. But its way cool about Hermit Crabs, So sorry for the loss. oh, yes, and thank you wisconsinChick!

Spook I know this is of subject but why is your canary bald?
hmm.png
I am sorry about Crabby but I have found all the info fascinating.

Back
Top Bottom