Bad news=Hard choice.....(Final Update)

Oh, honey, I am so very sorry to hear this! It is such a hard thing to face the loss of a long time friend and family member. There is no easy answer and nothing is really going to make it any better but please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you!
hugs.gif
Cherish all the times you have spent with her and treasure these last few bittersweet days. Know that she was loved by you then and always and that she knows that too.

JJ you may want to let her live a longer life.......cancer doesn't alway cause alot of pain.......give her a few pain pills every day. One reason people find cancer so late...not alot of pain...so it not really suffering.......

You can enjoy her a little longer.....

Last edited:
I will pray for you and your friend Susie. I know how hard it is to get bad news on a pet that you love like no other.
I would just spoil her, make her last days here the best she ever had. It will make you feel good and give you peace to
know that you did all that you could for her even to the end. I am sure that she know that her time is near, animals
have a since about these things. Just hold her till her last breath and let her know that she is loved and will never
be forgotten.

I know what you are going through. I had a pet that took a turn for the worst. Instead of putting her down
I let her decide when it was time to go. I held her as she took her last breath she was at peace and so was I.

She died at home in my arms the way that I that I know she would have wanted. I could not take her to the
vet and have her put down. I know she was better off passing in her own home where she felt safe.

She will never be gone she will live on forever in your memory.

hugs to you
hugs.gif

Last edited:
Oh My Goodness...
hugs.gif
hit.gif
hugs.gif
I am so sorry for you. I had a cat that I loved like that too. He came from the Humane Society and had FIV (we did not know this at the time). He died 10 years ago - he was 17 years old. I still ocassionally cry over him and I still put flowers on his grave. There will never be another one like him.

Hugs to you, JJ. You and Susie are in my thoughts and Prayers. She is a very pretty little girl!
love.gif

Lisa

I so understand how you feel. I took my son's cat in to the vet because I thought he had a respiratory infection. Turns out he had congestive heart failure. I had to put him down and I bawled like a baby.

I am so sorry about Susie and will be praying for you both. Your loving post about your dear little friend brough tears to my
eyes as I have lost many beloved long time pet/friends in my 60 years and it is so very hard. Susie will let you know when
it is time for her to go - until then spoil her and love her like you have been. I had a cat named Boo Boo that I adopted as
a kitten when I was 20. He was there for me through thick & thin and was actually the only 'constant' in my kind of crazy
life back then. I was 38 when he passed away curled up sleeping in his favorite chair at age 18. I had recently married a
wonderful man and had 'finally settled down' and in a strange way I always have felt that dear little Boo Boo waited until
he knew I would 'be ok' before he went on to kitty heaven. A story a friend shared with me helped me in my grief. I will
share it here and maybe it will be of some comfort to you too when the time comes for Susie to go. Susie has been one
lucky little girl to have someone love her so deeply as you have - we humans should be so lucky to have that kind of
unconditional love!

Just this side of Heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge...

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food and water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing: they miss someone very special to them; who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. The bright eyes are intent; the eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to break away from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
YOU have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
THEN YOU CROSS RAINBOW BRIDGE TOGETHER...

Back
Top Bottom