Bad raccoon attack

Will it eventually just fall off? Or keep getting worse? Ive never had something like this happen to my hens.
It should be fine, soaking it in epson salt and warm water should be enough to close up the wound, if it gets worse, take her to a vet,

by the way, dont be to worried, youd be suprised that this is actually decently common in chickens, and can happen for a number of reasons.
i wish the best for her! And im going to be online, so if you have any questions just ask! :)

Last edited:
It should be fine, soaking it in epson salt and warm water should be enough to close up the wound, if it gets worse, take her to a vet,

by the way, dont be to worried, youd be suprised that this is actually decently common in chickens, and can happen for a number of reasons.
i wish the best for her! And im going to be online, so if you have any questions just ask! :)
Thank you!!! The one with the black toe really seems to be doing well. She eats and drinks and walks around. Both hens laid eggs today.
The one that’s worse off is very hot… idk if there is anything else we can do though? She perks up more than she did earlier though and she has more color around her eyes compared to earlier. We cleaned her up and bandaged her and they are both resting for the night.

From what you have shown let her rest please poor bird is going to be fine she needs sleep. Water food later
You think I’m giving her water too frequently? Everyone said how crucial it was for her to be hydrated and she stopped doing it on her own… she also only has a couple sips when I offer it up to her. She is resting for the night now.

Thank you!!! The one with the black toe really seems to be doing well. She eats and drinks and walks around. Both hens laid eggs today.
The one that’s worse off is very hot… idk if there is anything else we can do though? She perks up more than she did earlier though and she has more color around her eyes compared to earlier. We cleaned her up and bandaged her and they are both resting for the night.
Actually that sounds perfect, it sounds like shes improving, more color + more alert, that sounds great!

Day 3: our girl is really pale and pretty lifeless. She had some electrolytes with baby aspirin in it (very little) and she seemed to really like some baby food I had… oats, banana, and açaí. But once again very very little. I don’t know if I’m doing what’s best for her at this point. We dressed her leg this AM and she’s back to resting.
The other is ready to be outside (she wants to be) idk if I should keep her in or let her out? She’s walking eating and drinking. Her toe tips are black…. We soaked her about 5-10 min in Epsom salts and washed the poo off her feet… put antiseptic spray and neosporin.

Attachments

• ED3A8B5F-BF0C-4BDF-8FD4-04FE69F0AC21.jpeg
    ED3A8B5F-BF0C-4BDF-8FD4-04FE69F0AC21.jpeg
    407.4 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom