Bag out of Layena package (updated w tutorial)

37126_goat_bag_001_2.jpg
................i have gone maddddd ,i am willing to make deals for feed sacks ,any takers pm me Thanks

Last edited:
I love this! Thank you for this thread!

I love to sew. I just bought my first bag of layena!

I get diamond naturals for my dogs and cat, they use the same bags. I thought the cat bag would make a good egg collecting bag, or my grower feed bag! I will be posting pictures today or tomorrow lol. I have to put the rest of the feed in the containers so I can use the bags lol!

The current Backyard Poultry magazine has another example of bag crafting and it's cute! The crafter/seamstress used the design element I was looking into doing and added those large open ring grommets that you would run a cord through and used this for the handle holes and the handles appear to be more rope like in a nice color.

Last edited:
I bookmarked the instructions. We have feed sacks but I love the laynea look of the bag. I'll have to get a bag of layena or other purena sack to do that
lol.png

I'm saving up all my pigeon feed bags so I can make some
smile.png
The only problem I see is that Brown's Pigeon Feed bags have a brown paper lining in the inside. The outside is just like layena and such (not sure what you call that, but it's the woven plastic stuff). I took one bag and soaked it in the bathtub so I can rub the paper off. I know the liner makes it more sturdy but I wanted one without it. Anyone else working with bags like this? I'm thinking for the others I can get some fabric to put in the inside.

Back
Top Bottom