Baking soda in bedding?

I changed from flock Raiser to Mazuri starter. The poo smell is better on the Mazuri. I have to have the feed store order it but any feed store that sells Purina could probably get it. I also use puppy pee pads so I can through the poo away and put mine out at 4 to 5 weeks on pine shavings.
That's interesting! I feed Mazuri, too, except to one duck who is on a veterinarian prescribed diet to reduce reproductive activity. She eats a lot of scratch. Her poop is remarkably stinkier!

Another plus for Mazuri!

I changed from flock Raiser to Mazuri starter. The poo smell is better on the Mazuri. I have to have the feed store order it but any feed store that sells Purina could probably get it. I also use puppy pee pads so I can through the poo away and put mine out at 4 to 5 weeks on pine shavings.

Ah haaaa! I may have to look into Mazuri. I've seen people suggest layering bedding with something that you can roll up for a quick cleaning. I just tried it myself with an old tshirt and oh my god, what a brilliant idea!!!!! I'm so upset that I didn't learn about this four weeks ago. 🤣 Also upset that I only did one extra layer lol.

Back
Top Bottom