Bald Eagle Chicken??

CluckyCharms

Songster
7 Years
Sep 28, 2012
Missouri, but Montana in my dreams
My Coop
My Coop
Can someone please tell me what the chicken breed is called that looks like a bald eagle? I wrote the breed name down and then I misplaced it. Thank you muchly.

[Edited to clarify] Their heads and necks are white and their bodies are mainly brown with some lesser colors mixed in. They don't look like bald eagles in any other way obviously - but the coloring. Thanks!

Last edited:
I found my paper. lol It was stuck under the drawer instead of inside it.
roll.png

That being said - I was mistaken. They don't ALL look like bald eagles...just the two I saw did. They're Russian Orloffs.

Last edited:
Henk69 has some white pattern vorwerk bantams on his website
Like a gold lakenvelder with white instead of black
I thinks you'd have to make them yourself
He's in Netherlands
http://kippenjungle.nl/Henk69_NL.html
(scroll all the way down)
Walt
Those are really pretty, too!! Thank you for the link and info!! :)
Yeah..never would have guessed Orloff's. They shouldn't have a completely white head! lol!
Yeh, most of the ones I have seen actually do have white heads (for the most part) but their feathers all over their body are multicolored and not solid brown/black like the picture of the ones I had seen prior. Either way I think they're beautiful - their face shape and beak also resembles an eagle/hawk rather than a chicken. I
2665.png
them. =)

Its just a mix then... do you know where you got them from?

I don't have any orloffs yet; never said I did.
hu.gif
(and I'm not entirely sure what you mean by it's "just a mix" what bird(s) are you referring to?)

I was asking what the bird was that I remembered seeing a couple of months ago. I do have some eggs on the way as of yesterday - and they are not mixes. I'll post pictures when (and if) they hatch. They are ridiculously expensive so I only have 4 coming.

The pictures all over google images of this breed have white faces. Very few do not.

That being said - I've learned a lot on the actual Orloff thread here on this forum, and I seriously doubt there are very many of the real deal in the USA. I'm wanting the original, black, massively huge, upright Orloff...but I'll settle for spangled for now.
smile.png

This is the picture I had seen two months ago that reminded me of bald eagles, and the picture that first turned me 'on' to the breed, too. I just figured they weren't available in the USA at all, so I put them out of my head until I realized there were some in the US - then it started all over again.
gig.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom