Bald head

MooseJ

In the Brooder
Apr 28, 2020
I have three new baby chicks. Two were born two weeks before the other one. The older two, pecked the tiny ones head completely bald (it’s 2 days old) to where it looks like it’s either it’s skull or scalp!! I’ve separated them. Question is, will the feathers grow back and what can I do for his poor little head in the mean time? He’s a happy active chick just has a nasty looking bald spot.

His feather will eventually grow back. I wouldn't put him with the other chicks until then, to prevent further injury. Is there any blood? If there is, then stop the blood, clean it, and apply neosporin. If there isn't, still just keep it clean. Let her get bigger so she can defend herself! They also sell anti-feather pulling spray you can put on her feathers after they grow in.

His feather will eventually grow back. I wouldn't put him with the other chicks until then, to prevent further injury. Is there any blood? If there is, then stop the blood, clean it, and apply neosporin. If there isn't, still just keep it clean. Let her get bigger so she can defend herself! They also sell anti-feather pulling spray you can put on her feathers after they grow in.
Thank you!! There’s no blood, but I wasn’t sure to put neosporin on it. I have some, so I’ll doctor it up. Thanks for the advice!!

Here’s its head

Attachments

• 6DE364D5-45EB-45E8-8003-73BD8D217D9E.jpeg
    6DE364D5-45EB-45E8-8003-73BD8D217D9E.jpeg
    500 KB · Views: 8
I separated as soon as I noticed it. The little pip beside of it, just hatched out of its egg!! Brand new! I’m gonna put some ointment on it and hopefully doctor it back to health. It’s very lively and runs all over its little place. Seems very healthy, just bald.

Put some neosporin on its head...it fussed at me. I think I’m going to name it Skully. Its a survivor. Once I put it down, it took off running and chirping like nothin ever happened.

Back
Top Bottom